Unlike the fencer hood which relies on your head, the astronaut hood is self-supporting. The vertical hoops keep the hood away from the head thereby increasing ventilation and visibility, and the gap between the veil and the side of your face. The front pull-down tab keeps the veil away from the face.
- available in 100% pre-shrunk machine washable cotton or micro-fibre
- detachable throw-back hood
- fully zippered at the front
- elasticated waist and cuffs
- front strap to adjust the veil’s distance from the face
- two big pockets and one small with a Velcro closure
Micro-fibre, an option on this product, is a lightweight man made fabric that is soft to the touch, robust and breathable. It is therefore extremely comfortable to wear, especially on a warm day. We have also noticed that fewer bees settle on this fabric.
These images are for illustrative purposes only and colours may vary. We will endeavour to supply the requested colour, but in the event of this not being possible, we may substitute another colour in its place.